[IPython-dev] display of "[127.0.0.1:*] In [*]: " lines is delayed?

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey at swri.org
Sat Mar 24 17:33:41 EDT 2007

Hello,

In using ipython1 (with 4 engines running on a single machine) I have
been trying to look at the amount of time that each function executed on
the engines takes.

As my controlling script runs, I see lines like

    [127.0.0.1:0] In [7]:

printed out 4 times for each of the executeAll() calls I make.  However,
it seems that when one of them takes a long time to process, that while
it is running, it is the previous "In" statement that is currently
displayed at the terminal.  So, it looks like it is the previous
executeAll() call that is taking so long.

Is this consistent with what y'all have observed?

Thanks,
Glen