[IPython-dev] Better reporting for non-ascii home dir names

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:52:23 EDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> > OK.  What about these new tickets, do we leave them for post-0.8.1?
> >
> > http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/142

> 142 remains...

Looking at the source, it seems to be a known issue:

          # FIXME: I've been getting many crash reports from python 2.3
            # users, traceable to inspect.py.  If I can find a small test-case
            # to reproduce this, I should either write a better workaround or
            # file a bug report against inspect (if that's the real problem).
            # So far, I haven't been able to find an isolated example to
            # reproduce the problem.

So this is a non-blocker for 0.8.1