[IPython-dev] how to run a script in empty name space?

tocer tocer.deng at gmail.com
Mon May 21 05:42:45 EDT 2007

Yes, but I can't take advantage of all property of IPython. In Ipython help
documents, I found it in magic run command usage:

-i: run the file in IPython's namespace instead of an empty one. This is useful
if you are experimenting with code written in a text editor which depends on
variables defined interactively.

how to understand that?