[IPython-dev] Next-gen result printing using generics

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat May 26 05:46:05 EDT 2007

Forgot to add: I'm not deprecating the result_display hook. It's
executed right after the generic call, if the generic raises TryNext
(which the default generic does).

The hooks have the advantage of "chaining" through TryNext and I'm not
willing to lose that yet. The generic call is just the first loop in
the chain, which is convenient because they are the easiest to
implement.