[IPython-dev] IPython 0.8.2 and PyReadline 1.5, getting ready for release...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:54:10 EST 2007

Hi all,

we've been delaying 0.8.2 for a while (my fault), so I wanted to touch
bases with everyone to see if there's anything in your pipelines that
you absolutely want to get in, else we should probably go ahead and
make a release.

I've put builds of ipython and pyreadline from current trunk SVN in
the usual location:

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/testing/

so anyone can test them.  Would this weekend be a good time to make a
release, or does anyone want a bit longer delay?

I know we have a lot of pending tickets, but holding a release further
won't help that, and there are many fixes already in the codebase that
users who don't track SVN can benefit from, so I think we should just
go ahead and make the release.

Thoughts?