[IPython-dev] ipy_traits_completer

Darren Dale darren.dale at cornell.edu
Fri Nov 23 11:11:42 EST 2007

On Friday 23 November 2007 02:45:19 am Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Sep 19, 2007 3:52 PM, Darren Dale <dd55 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> > I just activated ipy_traits_completer in my ipy_user_conf.py file:
> >
> > def main():
> >     from ipy_traits_completer import activate
> >     complete_threshold = 3
> >     activate(complete_threshold)
> >
> >     import ipy_stock_completers
> >
> >     o = ip.options
> > main()
> >
> > When the traits completer is activated, my readline_omit__names setting
> > in ipythonrc is ignored.
>
> Try changing it in your ipy_user_conf.py after activate(). This is not
> strictly a bug, python-side configuration overrides ipythonrc.

Thank you, Ville, your suggestion worked. I notice, though, that
ip_traits_completer does not respect readline_omit__names. I would like to
fix this before the release, I think I can get it done today.

I guess I have not been following the list close enough. I didn't realize
ipython was already moving away from rc files, I thought that was only in
ipython1. I like the new default prompt.

Darren