[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] IPython 0.8.2 and PyReadline 1.5, getting ready for release...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:42:26 EST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 3:36 PM, wang frank <fw3 at hotmail.co.jp> wrote:

>  I really want to put something to let window users to configure the ipython
> inside xemacs and emacs. Unfortunately, it is beyond my capability. The
> python shell works fine with minimal effort. ipython is really tricky. After
> searching the answer for several days, I am still stuck at the output
> command. The ipython seems stopping to generate output for some command on
> the display. Since I do not know lisp and only used the emacs and xemacs for
> very short time, I really could not solve the problem.
>
>  I may have to use the default python shell and hopping someday I could
> solve this problem.

I certainly didn't mean my comments as a direct request to you, and
I'm sorry that Pete's suggestions haven't worked out in  your setup.

It was a general request to our user community, since there's a chance
that (now or in the future) someone can pitch in and contribute the
right bits of advice and configuration details needed to make it work.
 It's a shame it doesn't, and I'd love to include any fixes from our
side we can to help, but until a windows+emacs guru tells us what
we're doing wrong, we won't know exactly what we need to change.