[IPython-dev] strange namespace issue
fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:23:51 EDT 2007
On 9/10/07, Darren Dale <dd55 at cornell.edu> wrote:
> I get more errors with embedding_in_qt4, it seems like all the modules in the
> script have become NoneType. I can even print dir(QtCore) right before the
> line that produces the attribute error, which looks ok, but I still get the
> attribute error. I tried dropping back to mpl-0.90.1 and there was no change.
> I also tried removing setuptools, clearing my site-packages, reinstalling
> ipython and matplotlib, no improvement. I dont get the attribute errors if I
> run the scripts outside of ipython.
> My only guess is that this has something to do with the way the Shell.py
> overwrites certain module functions and classes like gtk.mainloop, or
> QtGui.QApplication, but I dont know.
I certainly see the problem here, but I have no idea of what it can be
or a solution. To be honest, I'd always thought that the embedding*
examples were a bit more than ipython could handle. Granted, the fact
that one can run something as complicated as the new mayavi2 windows
from within ipython indicates that it must be possible, but when we
wrote all that code, the real target was just cooperation with pylab.
Once we got that working we kind of stopped looking, and that means we
may well have left important ends untied.
Sorry not to be of more use on this particular front...
More information about the IPython-dev