[IPython-dev] pickleutil.py missing?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:59:06 EDT 2007

On 9/27/07, Doug Jones <dfj225 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using IPython1 trunk and I've tried to run the latest revision
> (2829), however I get an error in engineservice.py:
>
> from ipython1.kernel import pickleutil
> ImportError: cannot import name pickleutil
>
> I checked and it looks like pickleutil.py is not in the
> ipython1/kernel directory (or anywhere else in the tree for that
> matter).

I think we forgot to commit it, but it's in Brian's private copy.

In case he's busy right now and can't look into it, I've just
committed a tiny patch that does nothing more than comment out those
imports (they weren't used by anything yet).  Brian will revert them
out when he commits the actual pickleutil file.

Let us know if you still see any problems locally, and thanks for the heads-up.