[IPython-dev] wxIPython and wx

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 11:09:58 EDT 2008

Ok Igor I’ve checked a little what you were saying.

>>> import wxIPython
>>> wxIPython.MyApp().MainLoop()

Where is this done? In your script called by python myscript.py?

Then, in the wxIPython shell, I typed:

>>> import wx
>>> wx.Frame(None).Show()

And the python process died with the following.

Warning! Hook 'show_in_pager' is not one of ['editor', 'fix_error_editor', 'result_display', 'input_prefilter', 'shutdown_hook', 'late_startup_hook', 'generate_prompt', 'generate_output_prompt']
Warning! Hook 'shell_hook' is not one of ['editor', 'fix_error_editor', 'result_display', 'input_prefilter', 'shutdown_hook', 'late_startup_hook', 'generate_prompt', 'generate_output_prompt']

Hum strange don’t have this on my ubuntu…

Did you get the last bzr revision???

You will need bazaar revision of ipython directory. If I remember well 'show_in_pager’ was added by while so wxIPython was able to hook the pager. I think you are running wxIPython with on ‘old’ (not bleeding edge) version of ipython.

bzr branch http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython/ipython/stable-dev

And tell me if it is ok.

By the way what do you want to do exactly?

Embed an ipython into your wx app, or just play with ipython with other thing than classical console?

Cheers,

Laurent