[IPython-dev] Release plan for 0.9

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 18:41:23 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fernando Perez wrote:
>> 6. Robert Kern's contexts branch:
>>
>> https://code.launchpad.net/~robert-kern/ipython/contexts
>>
>> Robert, what's your plan on this one?  Keep it as branch for now, or
>> push it into this release?
>
> I think it can be pushed.

I see these issues (doing this on trunk):

lon[IPython]> grin make_user_ns
./Shell.py:
  567 :         user_ns = IPython.ipapi.make_user_ns(user_ns)
./ipapi.py:
  562 : def make_user_ns(user_ns = None):
  586 :     Similar to make_user_ns(), but global namespaces are
really only needed in
./iplib.py:
  287 :         user_ns = IPython.ipapi.make_user_ns(user_ns)

I don't see your changeset addressing either the Shell or the iplib
uses of this, do they?  The Shell one is in the matplotlib Shell
class.

I've now grabbed your branch, so I can test easily if you make fixes
and we can merge.  These changes are small and localized enough that
once we address this, I'm happy to do it.  It would also be good if
you add proper reST parameter descriptions to the docstrings of the
new functions you wrote.