[IPython-dev] Test failures

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Tue Aug 12 00:03:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 05:03:17AM +0200, Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 07:42:48PM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
> > Do you actually need to use make_ipython?  Would it work for you
> > instead to get the ipython isntance via ipapi.get()?

> Well, I need a ipython instance, and I need to create it, so I do believe
> I need to call make_ipython.

I pin-pointed the problem quite clearly. Add the following test somewhere
in your test-suite:

def test_stupid():
    from IPython.ipmaker import make_IPython
    i = make_IPython()
    del i

... and the test we are talking about will fail.

This could be a bad interaction between nose, which does some IO magic,
and IPython. If anybody feels like helping me on that, please do: I am
loosing my evening on it.

Cheers,

Gaël