[IPython-dev] Test failures

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Tue Aug 12 01:18:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 10:11:54PM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
> > This is a bit frustrating. I have a set of tests for this frontend, but I
> > can't run them through nose, because they cause side effects and have
> > another test to fail. The side-effect is quite clearly in something
> > called by make_IPython, but I am having a hard time figuring out where.

> Yes, I'm sorry you're seeing this.  This particular battle isn't going
> to be fun, and we're paying the price of neglecting testing for such a
> long time.  But we all know it's the right thing to do, and I really
> appreciate your commitment despite how unpleasant it is.

I apologise for getting a bit frustated. We all know that ipython0 is old
and curfty code, but I am sooooo happy to use it on a day to day basis,
so really cannot blame anybody for having taken the short way to get
there.

Besides, it is not that unpleasant, just frustating.

I'll buy you a beer for being an unpleasant Frenchmen :)

Gaël