[IPython-dev] Comments about IPython.frontend, getting ready for merge of ipython-sync-frontend

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 09:18:35 EDT 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 06:09:21AM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
>> OK, we'll look at this next week.  The code I just wrote does some
>> things that may actually fix the problem altogether, or offer a
>> cleaner solution.  But I'm not sure and I'm too tired to check now.
>
>> To bed..
>
> Wow, that's late. Can I help with something?

Very, very late...

Yes, if you can do some testing of the installation, it would be
great.  The setup.py we have now has been massively changed from the
old one, merging in the ip1 stuff, but there's a very good chance it
may have holes.  So testing that the various targets build (sdist,
egg, wininst), that the windows installer works (I can't test windows
at all, my vmware image is borked), that the docs get put in the right
place, etc, would be great.

I don't intend to add any more code unless someone jumps at the last
minute with something simple, so now it should be just testing that
all the ip0/1 merge didn't hose the build/install machinery.  Since I
always run from my dev directories I haven't tested that part yet, and
now I really need to crash.

Any help would be very, very much appreciated.