[IPython-dev] 0.9 beta, anything left?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 21:34:39 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> Any suggestions for alternatives?

This would work for me, keyboardwise:

cd =foo

It seems kinda confusing unless you are writing it yourself, though
(looks like assignment), and it doesn't come as naturally as --
(logical followup of -<n>.

I still prefer "--", cd can be special that way. People don't think of
it as "unix command" and its usage becomes a second reflex. cd is not
a command that needs to follow the logic of more rarely used commands.
We should really consider end-user typing performance with the cost of
slight inconsistency (which magics can have).