[IPython-dev] Ma branche

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 01:27:55 EDT 2008

Hey,

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:14 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> I am good. However I have a test failing on my box and it doesn't seem to
> be due to my code (I have running the test suite without my tests):

> FAIL: Doctest: IPython.iplib.InteractiveShell.complete
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/IPython_doctest_plugin-0.1-py2.5.egg/ipdoctest.py",
> line 343, in runTest
>    raise self.failureException(self.format_failure(new.getvalue()))
> AssertionError: Failed doctest test for
> IPython.iplib.InteractiveShell.complete
>  File "/home/varoquau/dev/ipython/ipython-frontend/IPython/iplib.py",
> line 989, in complete

> File "/home/varoquau/dev/ipython/ipython-frontend/IPython/iplib.py", line
> 1011, in IPython.iplib.InteractiveShell.complete
> Failed example:
>    _ip.IP.complete('x.l')
> Expected:
>    ['x.ljust', 'x.lower', 'x.lstrip']
> Got:
>    []
>
>>>  raise self.failureException(self.format_failure(<StringIO.StringIO
>>>  instance at 0x40201c6c>.getvalue()))

This passes fine now, after fixes I did a few days ago.  Have you
merged fully with trunk?  Here's what 'make all' gives on my box:

Ran 463 tests in 71.895s

> In addition, I have a test failing due to an import to win32api failing.

I don't see that, but I'm not sure why (this is on linux).

I'll pull your changes now, my plan for next week after the scipy
tutorial is to harden the test suite and improve its usability so
everyone can start using it.