[IPython-dev] How do I do this in bzr? (again)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 02:33:38 EDT 2008

Brian,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering how I can take a file/files from one bzr branch
> (ipython1-dev) and bring them into another branch (ipython) if the two
> branches have no common heritage.  In this case, the two branches
> hardly have the same structure and the incoming files will have to be
> put into new location.  Is this even possible?  I know I could do mv
> and then bzr add, but then I loose the history of the individual
> files.  Any ideas?

I don't know if you ever figured out an answer to this, but I'd sure
love to know.

In the svn transition and ip0/1 merge we kind of butchered the ipython
history, which I'm very sad about (and much of it was my fault, so I'm
not blaming anyone here).  It would be cool if some bzr guru came
around and was able to produce a copy of today's trunk with a cleaner
history...

Cheers,