[IPython-dev] IPython Patch

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 04:29:04 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 1:12 AM, Laurent Dufrechou
<laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent, that was i wanted to ask you.
> I didn't knew how to create a new branch on launchad. Will do that thx.
>
> Update...:
> laurent at Pep:~/dev/ipython-wx_Ipython$ bzr push --remember
> lp:~laurent-dufrechou/ipython/trunk-dev
> bzr: ERROR: Transport operation not possible: http does not support mkdir()
>
> I've taken a look there (interesting doc by the way, can be a good
> tutorial to link in ipython wiki):
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/mini-tutorial/index.html
>
> They seem to use bzr+ssh protocol.
> bzr push bzr+ssh://laurent-dufrechou@bazaar.launchpad.net/~laurent-dufrechou/ipython/trunk-dev
>
> And now seems ok, but the name is trunk-dev, is it ok?

Yes, that's fine: it's where *you* do development of the trunk (I
named mine the same).  It's now visible here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~laurent-dufrechou/ipython/trunk-dev

and I've marked it as proposed for merge into ipython trunk, so at any
time it's easy to see any pending differences you may have.

In my mind, I think of

https://code.launchpad.net/~somebody/ipython/trunk-dev

as "this is where user 'somebody' does personal development of the
trunk for project ipython".  It seems like an easy and simple
mnemonic.  As I mentioned, mine is identically hosted at

https://code.launchpad.net/~fdo.perez/ipython/trunk-dev