[IPython-dev] Ipython1 sync frontend crash

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 12:44:10 EDT 2008

Hi Gael,

Just integrated your IPythonX widget insde wxIpython, now you can have my
shell based on ipython0 and shell side by side by just pulling the notetab.

I will use it to make a class based on wxfrontend to try to have same
behavior as my previous widget.

So here some questions:

-          How can I be able to be in sync with your branch with bzr. Is
there any danger?

-          If I want to change your class to look/behave like my ipython0
widget, I think I should copy IPythonXController and then modify it to match
my needs.

Is it the good way to do? Or do you prefer I hack directly inside
IPythonXController?

Ho I've also just seen a little bug :

IN[1]: __IP.

Then press tab makes a string index out of range. Should be easy to solve.

I think you should allow else iPython completion or Scintilla one not
both.(Perhaps this bug come from there?) (On vista, I've got the two
completion at the same time)

Perhaps it is ever solved because I'm out of sync ^_-

By the way, release_output() works well, the two shells don't interact
eachother.

Cheers,

Laurent