[IPython-dev] Last mail for the night

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 20:40:52 EDT 2008

Ok,

It’s late, i’m bumping my head on the wall here

I’m desperately trying to change the default colors of your widget.

Seems you’ve done the things cleaner than me J

So If I well understood there is two method to change colors
:

Modify self.ANSI_STYLE and/or modify self.style, then call
self._apply_style()

What I want is black background and white text a la mode ipython console.

I’ve found no way to get it :/

I’ve also tried to modify prompt (I like a lot the green /red original
ones
)

I’ve trie with no success, If you could also help me

self.prompt_in1 = 'In $number:' ß just to try

self.prompt_out = 'Out $number:'

self.output_prompt_template = string.Template(self.prompt_out)

self.input_prompt_template = string.Template(self.prompt_in1)

don’t work, the prompt don’t change

>From what I’ve seen from now, I’m quite happy with it, It looks like my old
code with the rounded corner, like self.style (good point there) and the
promp_template, I like a lot! (If I could modify them!)

Subclassing WXController seems ok for now. You just don’t handle by default
fonts, but seems easy to add in my class.

if wx.Platform == '__WXMSW__':

            self.faces = { 'times': 'Times New Roman',

                      'mono' : 'Courier New',

                      'helv' : 'Arial',

                      'other': 'Comic Sans MS',

                      'size' : 10,

                      'size2': 8,

                     }

        elif wx.Platform == '__WXMAC__':

            self.faces = { 'times': 'Times New Roman',

                      'mono' : 'Monaco',

                      'helv' : 'Arial',

                      'other': 'Comic Sans MS',

                      'size' : 10,