[IPython-dev] Launchpad?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:00:20 EST 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 12:56 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 8, 2008 9:51 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just tried to create a ipython lauchpad project, but launchpad
> > already has an ipython project listed.  Does anyone know who created
> > that?  It looks unused, but I can't seem to find any info about who
> > added it.  It would be great to simply be able to use the existing
> > one.
>
> Perhaps it's the ipython used in ubuntu (ubuntu is a high profile
> launchpad user). Just create 'ipython1' for now, and we'll hash out
> the name of ipython trunk later on.

Well, it wasn't me: I'm "fperez" on launchpad, with this gmail
address, and ipython doesn't appear assigned to me.

Furthermore, they list the source distro as a CVS checkout, and we
haven't used CVS in like 4-5 years, so this is some stale registration
information.

I'd say go ahead for the test with an 'ipython1' project, and if it
looks good, I'll later contact the admins to get the ipython project
name reassigned to us.