[IPython-dev] Brand new refactored version for linux users!

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at free.fr
Thu Jan 10 17:43:57 EST 2008

Hum not at all.
I've designed this to be reusable in any wx gui doing something like import
ipython.gui.wx.ipython_view
(with this you get the ipython shell inside a wx.panel)
The wxIpython.py is just some sort of demo on how to use it and
ipython_history a demo widget to show how this can interact with the GUI.
Perhaps if you find the app usefull we can bundle it alone, but that 's not
what it was done for :)
I'm would greatly prefer this attached to ipython installer and if you find
it usefull, just add a link into windos/kde menu?
Do you think it could be usefull for you an app more polished like idle?
Or do you prefer a port to QT (I mean the same demo app but QT based to show
to people that they can use Ipython in QT)?
(perhaps the two ;) )