[IPython-dev] Brand new refactored version for linux users!

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 07:59:26 EST 2008

Ouch I see want you want to do :)
Well it is not designed for this use case.
In fact there is a problem because wx is an event driven GUI so if you do
what you wrote you ask Ipython (that is in a thread of my wxApp instance
that to create a frame). But then the Gui loop is no more run, because I
call Ipython thread only when new command is called.
I have to do some test because it's a funny thing If we should be able to
design a gui on th fly, but I'm pretty sure It will not be able...)
Where you used to do this with classical Ipython??
How about performance of wx.+'tab' I this ok for your sempron???