[IPython-dev] IPython development news and prospects

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Wed Jan 16 11:49:45 EST 2008

Am Montag, 14. Januar 2008 00:37:26 schrieb Darren Dale:
> > This is still just one project, that will have multiple components but
> > all of which work in concert to provide various levels of
> > functionality (a terminal-based shell, a gui-based shell, a
> > javascript-based one, a remote shell, a parallel computing system, an
> > ide-like system for scientific work, etc).
>
> Personally, I'd like to see a qt4 version of the gui as well.

Same here.

> I would be willing to work on it,

..and I would be happy to help.  (Gimme some weeks, I'll hopefully have time
for this starting with Feb/Mar, being very busy/focused ATM.)

It is not fully clear to me what the state of IPyhon1, trunk, the new WX code
in the latter, and the past SOC projects (based on the former?) is.  But
that'll probably get sorted out soon.

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS