[IPython-dev] question about decision to use twisted

Darren Dale dsdale24 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:20:25 EDT 2008

I have a data acquisition and analysis project that currently uses Parallel
Python for distributed processing and PyQt4's for some threading and event
handling. I am concidering the processing module scheduled for inclusion in
the python standard library starting with version 2.6, and also I am trying
to get my head around twisted.

I would like to know what the ipython developers concerns were at the time the
decision was made to use twisted in ipython1, was there some discussion on
the ipython mailing lists? Any advice or comments would be greatly
appreciated.

Darren