[IPython-dev] Traceback trap in Interpreter

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Jul 13 22:04:30 EDT 2008

Hi,

I must be very dumb. I don't get how I am supposed to use the traceback
trap in interpreter? Right now when I send to the interpreter something
that generates a traceback, I get an exception, and the interpreter does
not finish its execution procedure. As a result I don't get the traceback
trapped in the return message. Maybe I am doing something stupid. My test
code for this is:

from IPython.kernel.core.interpreter import Interpreter
i = Interpreter()
i.execute('print i')

Any clues?

Cheers,