[IPython-dev] ipython1 and synchronous printing of stdout

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Jul 20 16:14:14 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 09:56:23PM +0200, Laurent Dufrechou wrote:
> I've checked out your branch and done `python setup.py build_ext --inplace`
> Launching your app:

Oh, by the way, Laurent, be careful, the frontend is currently not at all
windows friendly. When executing external commands that might ask for
terminal input there is a severe gotcha that I haven't managed to work
around (namely: how to you redirect stdin, stout, and stderr simultanous
to a process). As a result I falled back on starting an xterm. obvious
this works only on Linux. I am on conference right now, and do not have
windows or Macs to get a proper solution. I'll work on that when I get
back in Austin.

Cheers,

Gaël