[IPython-dev] Development on Launchpad, odds and ends

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 14:37:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Barry Wark <barrywark at gmail.com> wrote:

> Feel free to (or I can) merge ipython1-cocoa into ipython1-dev or
> whatever ipython0 becomes. The only changes in the branch are in
> frontends, and all tests for other packages pass so it should be safe
> to merge it in.

Good to hear that one is fairly focalized.

> So there will still be a (for now) fundamental difference between
> ipython1.kernel.core and IPython.iplib.InteractiveShell?

Initially yes, but my hope is that we'll be able to push that merge
quickly.  That will be the job for the next few weeks: to morph the
current monolithic shells into something with a tad more abstraction
of i/o so they fit the network/gui/twisted models better.

roll up your sleeves :)