[IPython-dev] Quick launchpad guide for would-be contributors

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:45:02 EDT 2008

Also, I have started a rst/Sphinx based developer's guidelines in
ipython1.  I based it on the wiki initially, but has more info on
certain fronts - especially on the stuff that is relevant to ipython1
merging with IPython.  When I do the merge of ipython1->IPython, I
will also merge the developer related things.

This brings up a bigger issue.  I would like _all_ of our docs to be
Sphinx based.  And in my mind, the developer guidelines fall under
this.  I don't like having to maintain multiple documentation sets
(wiki + Sphinx) and I think the Sphinx docs are a better place for all
of these things, including the developer related things.  We should
save the wiki for things like the cookbook and the basic web presence
for IPython.  How does this sound?

Brian