[IPython-dev] bzr - what am I doing wrong?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 12:46:15 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:44 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> There is no history folding problem if you merge to trunk, then push
>> trunk (as opposed to merging to your feature branch and then pushing
>> it over the trunk).
>
> Just to emphasize this: you might use the golden rule that unless you
> pulled a non-private branch less than one hour ago, do not push that
> branch. This avoids nuking valuable history entries with "merged from
> trunk" entries.

OK, thanks for all the feedback on bzr.  I'll try to make a little
cheat sheet from this discussion and see how it goes.  Ultimately we
might send that info back to the bzr team for their docs.  I feel
their 'Workflows' pages and sections of the guide are woefully
insufficient in critical details (like a number of things you've
clarified here).