[IPython-dev] Quick launchpad guide for would-be contributors

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Thu Jun 5 15:37:21 EDT 2008

Ville M. Vainio skrev:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll try to get pyreadline imported to launchpad, stay tuned.
>
> Of course we are having the same problem as with ipython. See my import request:
>
> https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad-bazaar/+question/24416
>
> I assume they can sort this out shortly.

nothing has happend yet. Looks like another try is scheduled for tomorrow.

With the showmedo-guide you linked and some googling I got it to work. I
have been able to get pyreadline from svn to my computer. But I have
been unable to merge to a branch from launchpad.

I'm off to a conference for a week now. Will be back June 16. Hopefully
launchpad has been able to import by then.

/Jörgen

C:\python\launchpad\pyreadline-trunk>bzr merge ../pyreadline-svnrepo/trunk
bzr: ERROR: Repository
KnitPackRepository('file:///C:/python/launchpad/pyreadlin
e-trunk/.bzr/repository/') is not compatible with repository
KnitPackRepository(
'file:///C:/python/launchpad/pyreadline-svnrepo/.bzr/repository/')

C:\python\launchpad\pyreadline-trunk>bzr info
Standalone tree (format: pack-0.92)
Location:
   branch root: .

Related branches:
   submit branch: C:/python/launchpad/pyreadline-svnrepo/trunk