[IPython-dev] Synchronization with Editor
Vivian De Smedt
vivian at vdesmedt.com
Sat Jun 7 03:32:06 EDT 2008
Just to tell you that I just push my "synchronize-editor" branch.
Again for the one that don't know the purpose of this submission the
goal of it is to let you ask to IPython to synchronize itself with an
If the hook is set:
* When IPython raise an uncaught exception the hook synchronize the
external editor to the line IPython highlight
* When IPython navigate through the stack in debug mode the hook
synchronize the external editor to highlight the corresponding
part of the code.
To set the hook just import the corresponding ip_synchronize_with_xxx
extension in your ip_user.conf file.
I have developed six hooks for six different editors:
* Scite (ip_synchronize_with_scite.py)
* GVim (ip_synchronize_with_gvim.py)
* Emacs (ip_synchronize_with_emacs.py)
* Notepad++ (ip_synchronize_with_nppp.py)
* PsPad (ip_synchronize_with_pspad.py)
* UltraEdit (ip_synchronize_with_ue.py)
The hook are developed on the Windows platform and some of they code is
specific to that platform.
In particular the small part of the code that give back the focus to the
console after the synchronization with the editor took place but it
should be possible to adapt it for Linux. I don't have a Linux box and
I'm not in the best position to make it but I'll be glad to help.
Please tell me what you think of this proposition.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IPython-dev