[IPython-dev] IPython 0.9 release...

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 18:40:02 EDT 2008

Hello all,

So, everything that is coming in from ipython1-dev is now in ipython
trunk.  Barry is going to merge in the cocoa frontend and frontendbase
from his ipython1-cocoa branch.  I would like us to think about doing
a 0.9 release of IPython sometime in the next few weeks.  The sooner
the better, because I don't want to leave ipython1 users in limbo.

I am wondering what else needs to be done before we but the release.
Here are some things that I can think of:

1.  Update the docs (see my other email on what needs to be done).

2.  Test, test, test all the new stuff

3.  Fernando and I need to finish a few more things in the kernel to
make it easier to use for parallel computing

Is there anything else that people can think of.  Because 0.8.4 came
out, I imagine that not much has changed with the old stuff.  But that
is fine - the main purpose of this release is to get the ipython1 ->
IPython stuff info people's hands.

Cheers,

Brian