[IPython-dev] Bazaar on OS X

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 19:00:16 EDT 2008

Howdy,

> Maybe I don't understand exactly what Fernando meant by history folding,
> then. For me, the above log is a typical example of history folding,
> because you have two levels of log (one for the mainline, one for the
> merged branch).

I just meant the fact that lp only shows the 'mainline' in its history
view, and what mainline is shown actually changes depending on who
does the last push.  The last person to merge and push gets 'his' view
of the world to appear in lp's view.  We've seen that type of change
very frequently already, but I've just decided to ignore that
'feature' of lp and move on.  Otherwise ipython-dev is going to turn
into a parallel version of bzr/lp-dev :)