[IPython-dev] Twisted reactor + IPython0

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:30:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

>  It would certainly be great to have this done in ip0 as an optional
>  component: we could always tell our users: you have two options for
>  gui support:

It's in trunk now. It's still a threads-based hack, in that ipython
mainloop runs in a thread, but now the mainloop is a twisted reactor.
See IPython/twshell.py. You can try it out by "python twshell.py".
kbdint and Exit seem to work.

I used the stuff from mtexp branch, so macros should work, and it
should survive reactor death (5 sec timeout as before). Now, I gotta
run, but someone might want to take a look at it.