[IPython-dev] Docs for ipython1

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 19:17:10 EDT 2008

Hi all,

just to ping those who might not have been hanging on IRC, thanks to
Ondrej's work (completing what was started on the previous meeting at
Enthought), we now have:

http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/
http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/ipython1.pdf

these are the docs for ipython1 in html and pdf, using sphinx, the
Python 2.6 official documentation system.  These docs are guaranteed
to be up to date, since they get built every night from the main bzr
branch.

As I recently said, I know we've done a poor job of recently
communicating our development effort and keeping everyone informed,
involved and welcome.  I hope that better docs and this weekend's
interaction on IRC are proof that we mean it when we say that we're
trying to do better.

I'd like to mention that while sprinting on IRC, when we decide to
jump in on skype for a direct discussion *everyone* is welcome!  Skype
allows fairly large conference calls, and we'd love to have others on
board.  We don't yet have funds for large face to face ipython
meetings (except when piggybacking on other projects), so irc+skype
will have to do.  But anyone is welcome to participate if we switch
over to skype briefly, so please do NOT interpret such switches on IRC
as a 'closing of the doors to the cognoscenti'.  It is just a
practical tool to talk rapidly about a given topic beyond what typing
on IRC allows.