[IPython-dev] mercurial now has free hosting too

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Tue Mar 25 20:19:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

since there was so much discussion whether bzr or hg, Mercurial has
now free hosting too:

http://freehg.org/

also Mercurial 1.0 was finally released yesterday.

Bzr has Launchpad, that's one of the (main) reasons ipython is
investigating it, so I am still learning how to use bzr, but it's not
really so much different. The only little annoying thing I discovered
so far is that it feels slower than hg, on regular tasks, like "bzr
st", "bzr pull", "bzr up", etc. Only a little bit, but still it
creates the feeling in me, that something is missing -- it's like if
you are used to a fast car and then you get into a slower car - even
though it's fast enough to drive you to the shop, you still are
missing something, at least I am. :)

But generally I wanted to say, that I think bzr is a good choice too.

Ondrej