[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] IPython1 0.3 prerelease

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Tue May 13 20:07:19 EDT 2008

Paul Moore wrote:
> No problem, but I had understood that IPython1 is intended to
> ultimately replace ipython0. If that isn't the case, I'd suggest that
> the name is misleading :-) If it *is* the case, I'd like to try it
> out, but be able to skip the dependencies which relate to features
> such as parallel computing that I don't need.

Paul:

If you don't need parallel computing, you don't need IPython1 at this
point.  While it will ultimately replace IPython0, it isn't there yet.
When it is ready to replace IPython0, the Twisted and zope.interface
dependencies will be optional.  Making this optional at this point would
probably slow down development.

# Steve