[IPython-dev] ipython on google app engine

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat May 31 22:17:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think there is anyway of monitoring the user's namespace for
> changes.  But, I can think of a couple different approaches that might
> work:

Actually there is, to some extent.  The execution user_ns can be a
dict-like object whose methods fire notifications onto listeners.  One
can't detect *all* changes (such as in-place modifications of deeply
nested mutable objects), but at least one can detect all variable
reads (__getitem__), new variables (__setitem__) and deletions

Just a side note...