[IPython-dev] ipcluster with clusterfile

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 14:33:21 EST 2008

>> If you start hacking on the ssh cluster, keep in touch so we can
>> coordinate.
>  I am starting to have a look at this now, if you have any suggestions/issues that I should be aware of, please let me know.

A couple of things:

* I think the biggest thing we keep running into is in managing the
furl files that the controller creates.  You might want to read up on
this topic in the ipython sphinx docs.  Currently we are handling this
by assuming that the hosts have a shared file system and that the
ipython directory (to which the furl files are written is on that
shared file system).  But, we could instead manually move the furl
files around using scp and this might make sense for the ssh cluster.

* I would have a look at how the old ipcluster worked with ssh.  There
is a trick that is needed to handle environment variables.  This can
be found in the ipython trunk on launchpad.

> Other than that, I will ping you as soon as I have some thing to show.

Great!  Don't hesitate to ask questions along the way.  We really
appreciate your willingness to work on this.

Brian