[IPython-dev] ipython-extensions

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 12:35:26 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> So far, there is only ipy_gmail.py and ipy_miscapps.py, but moving
> forward, it should probably be the place where user-contributed
> extensions (especially platform specific ones, or ones with
> dependencies to nonstandard libraries, or ones with non-BSD licenses)
> are added.

And here's a list of what I think should be in this module, as opposed
to being ipython core (for one or more of the reasons specified
above):

ipy_bzr
ipy_editors
ipy_gnuglobal
ipy_jot
ipy_leo
ipy_lookfor
ipy_p4
ipy_server
ipy_synchronize_with
ipy_vimserver
ipy_winpdb
ipy_workdir
ledit
scitedirector

Obviously, this is very late in the 0.9 cycle to do such a
reorganization, so we can consider it after 0.9.