[IPython-dev] 0.9 Windows installer still not working for me!?!?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:28:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to test IPython 0.9 on Win32 in preparation for the
release.  Here is how I am building the installer:

python setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script=ipython_win_post_install.py

I need to build my own installer because I am working off a private
branch that has some bug fixes.  Then I just double click to install.

Everything installs fine.....but, there are no .exe files created
(ipython.exe, ipcontroller.exe, etc.).

When I install using an egg and easy_install, the .exe files get
created just fine.

Is the Win32 installer still broken or am I doing something really
stupid?  I don't @#$* about Windows and I would consider this to be a
show stopper for the 0.9 release (unless someone can point out what
stupid thing I am doing).

Can someone with Win32 karma point the way here?

Thanks,

Brian