[IPython-dev] Release plans for 0.9

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:33:23 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:30 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fernando,
>
> Also, do we want to tag a 0.9 branch at this point?  That would let
> trunk move forward without any worries of messing up the 0.9 release.
> Minimally, we need to do a code freeze for all but critical bug fixes
> into trunk (or a 0.9 branch if we create one).

Sure, though I won't be able to do it: I have to go pack and I'm
leaving for a trip tomorrow.  Since  I don't know the details of how
tagging works in bzr, I'd need to look it up a bit.  If you can have a
go at it (or anyone else),  great.  It seems to me on quick inspection
that tagging just marks a specific revision, so we'd need to make the
tag branch as well in order to support the 0.9 specific work.

Go for it.