[IPython-dev] My branch is merged

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sat Sep 6 12:55:36 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 06, 2008 at 12:32:28AM -0700, Brian Granger wrote:
> After chatting with Gael today,  I think it is important to get his
> branch merged before 0.9 as is contains quite a number of bug fixes
> for the new wx frontend...so, here is the plan:

> * Gael is finishing testing and squashing bugs in his branch related
> to the new wx frontend

I can't test it under vista until Monday, I'd really like to test it
under vista. I have done smoke testing on XP, but I couldn't run
the test suite properly. I'll try to do this on Monday too.

> * When this is done, we will do a quick code review of Gael's branch

> * We will merge Gael's branch into trunk and then we should be ready
> to go for the 0.9 release.

> * We will need to do some testing of everything once all this is done (on M/T).
Right, I am tracking trunk in my branch, so I should capture any changes,
but I'd still like people to test. In particular, if you feel like
playing with "ipythonx", which brings up a very simple terminal-like app
using the wx frontend. This can expose bugs both in the frontend, and in
the IPython1 interpreter, as this is using the interpreter under the
hood.

Cheers,

Gaël