[IPython-dev] ipython0.9 and python2.4

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sun Sep 14 22:46:27 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 07:42:45PM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
> I'd really prefer to keep this release as the emergency, fix-2.4
> release.  This code is small, but it's not properly documented
> (docstrings without args, no first line summary, no examples even if
> they aren't doctests,...).

OK, that makes sens. I agree that the code is not to highest standards.
It was made as a stopgap solution in the Enthought codebase. I just
thought I might as well share it.

The best solution would be to have a new release in something like 3
months, to address all these small problems, before we undertake big
refactorings.

Gaël