[IPython-dev] Porting IPython to Blender

Stani spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 12:20:18 EDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Laurent Dufrechou
<laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Stani,

Just a quick reaction before the weekend...

> Really interesting. For your issue can I propose a different approach?
Sure, please do!

> Have you taken a look at IPython/frontend or IPython/Gui/wx directory?
No, as I am using the IPython version 0.8.4 which is now standard on
Ubuntu. But using the latest version is an option too.

> There is various implementation of interface with wx / cocoa for example and
> I think you will find some interesting things in it. :)
>
> Perhpas I'm out of subjetc but,if I well understood you need control over
> in/out of ipython because your terminal is not fully compatible with
> clasical ipython output.
> So perhaps it will be a good idea to use for example prefilterfrontend.py or
> (a code that i bettter undersatnd :)) ipshell_nonblocking.py
Hmm... this is using threads, which I can't use inside Blender without
blocking the user interface. But thanks for your help, probably I
might take some inspiration from it.

Stani