[IPython-dev] Tag and branch 0.10 soon?

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Thu Apr 16 03:00:39 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 10:47:13PM -0700, Brian Granger wrote:
> Great and many thanks.  It looks like we have some significant
> problems with our test suite that are going to take a few days to
> resolve anyways.

I am happy you guys are tackling these issues. I remember running into
them when trying to test the hacky 'PrefilterFrontEnd', which combines
IPython0 and IPython1. It was not a pleasant experience.

For what it's worth, in Mayavi, due to side effect with nose, we ended up
having a test suite runner, that calls several instances of nose (using
"mayavi2 -t", in the latest release, which is very convenient to instruct
new users on how to test.

Gaël