[IPython-dev] Testing headaches

Ondrej Certik ondrej at certik.cz
Fri Apr 17 19:00:36 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 3:15 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is the type of thing that I am actually starting to think about:
>
> * Have a top level test runner that looks at a subpackage (how?) to
> see its deps.
> * The top level test runner tests the deps.
> * If the deps are there, it runs the tests of the subpackage in a
> ***separate process***

in py.test and also sympy tests if you define a variable
"disabled=True" in the top level namespace of the test file, the file
will not be tested. So a typical code looks like this:

-----
try:
    from numpy import array, matrix, ndarray
    import numpy
except ImportError:
    disabled = True

# lots of numpy tests