[IPython-dev] Problems with "trial IPython.kernel" on trunk

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 15:28:13 EDT 2009

> Mmh, I don't see that at all, no.  The trial part of the test suite
> gives me typically ~400 tests on my linux boxes, a few skips at the
> beginning, and that's it:

Hmm.  Now that is really odd.  Can you run this using:

trial IPython.kernel

and see if you get the same thing?

If your is passing, then *somehow* an IP instance is being created so that
when ipapi.get() is called, it gets that instance rather than none.  It is
possible for you to put some print statements into the places that create
the IP instances to see who is causing it to be created?

Just to make sure I am not crazy I am going to double check everything.

> What do things look like for you?

Probably 100 errors and failures, hangs, and reactor unclean errors.

> Also, can you show me the commit with your fix?  I can try to apply
> that same change on trunk and see what happens, but I'm quite puzzled
> that you are getting errors I'm not...

Here it is, but I don't think you should add this to trunk until we
understand what is going on.

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython-dev/ipython/module-reorg/revision/1225<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Eipython-dev/ipython/module-reorg/revision/1225>

Cheers,

Brian