[IPython-dev] bzr, whoami and email hiding

Laurent Dufréchou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:11:40 EST 2009

Hello,
Reading fernando last link i’ve seen that :

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
The importance of bzr whoami
One of the really important things that lots of people forget is to start
off with is setting your name is Bazaar. This can be done really easily by
doing bzr whoami "Your Name <email at example.com>" It's important that you set
this properly, or your revisions aren't going to get your name on them. The
email address you set here also needs to be an email that Launchpad knows
about (a confirmed address). This way, you get the karma for the revisions,
and revision listings in a branch page will link back to your profile.

It is said that I need to give a true email address,(the one given to
launchpad in fact). But is it sure the email address will be hidden from
launchpad site? I mean will it be written in clear text to anybody going to
launchpad (and also robots...)?

Thx for any comments on this!

Laurent